The NLC-RISC Trustees Conference provides trustees and pool administrators of state municipal league risk pools the opportunity to learn about industry trends, programs, services and pooling best practices. The conference offers many opportunities to share creative ideas and solutions, and to network with peers from across the country.
For a preliminary overview of the conference format, click on Schedule to the left. (Note that actual times are subject to change.) Some of the topics we are working on for attendees include:
- Enterprise Risk Management for Pools & Cities
- Exploring Predictive Analytics: Using Data to Better Guide Decisions
- Federal Legislation & Regulatory Update
- Financial Management & Benchmarking
- Health Pools & Exchanges: Surviving in the New Marketplace
- Lessons Learned: Strategies for Managing Crises & Catastrophic Events
- Making the Case for Worksite Wellness: Improving the Health of Municipal Workers
- Managing External Challenges to Pool Operations
- New Developments in Cyber-security and Data Breaches
- New Trustees Orientation
- Obesity as a Disease: What Does That Mean for Cities & Pools
- State of the Insurance Market: Trends to Watch in 2014 & Beyond
- Strategic Communications / Messaging
A detailed agenda will be available soon.
Before April 17, 2014: $50 processing fee
April 17-May 1, 2014: $100 cancellation fee
After May 1, 2014: Forfeiture of the entire fee
Pool Administrators Breakfast
The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
San Diego, CA
The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter is ideally located in
the heart of downtown San Diego's historic and vibrant Gaslamp Quarter. Your unparalleled San Diego
Accommodations include every imaginable amenity as well as proximity
to all a Gaslamp Quarter Hotel offers: the very best of San Diego shopping,
dining, entertainment and cultural activities.
Room Rates: $169.00 per night for a standard room and $189 per night for a deluxe room (plus applicable
taxes and fees).
Group rates honored for 3 days before Group arrival and 3
days after Group departure based on availability. Please note there is
limited availability on Tuesday, May 6th due to overlap that evening with
another group. We have arranged overflow at the US Grant for Tuesday night only at the same group rate of $169.00. Make reservations for Tuesday night here.
Deadline for hotel reservations:
On or before 5:00 p.m. local time on April 15, 2014.
Check-in: 3:00 p.m.; Check-out: 12:00 p.m.
Book your room
The presenter list for this event is not yet available.