Application for Federal Advocacy Committees
Thank You for Your Interest in Joining an NLC Federal Advocacy Committee!
Annually, the incoming NLC President appoints the leaders and the members of the federal advocacy committees to a one year term. Local elected and appointed city and town officials from NLC member cities are eligible to be appointed. To be considered for an appointment, you must complete this online application. In addition to leading the federal advocacy committees, those appointed as committee chairs will also serve on NLC’s Board of Directors during their leadership year. Federal Advocacy Committee membership Appointments will be announced following the NLC’s City Summit conference in Charlotte, NC.
You will be asked to indicate your primary and secondary preferences for committee appointments:
- Community & Economic Development
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
- Finance, Administration & Intergovernmental Relations
- Human Development
- Information Technology & Communications
- Public Safety & Crime Prevention
- Transportation & Infrastructure Services
Appointment to a Committee requires:
- Be a local elected or appointed city official or city staff from a NLC member city
- Attendance at all meetings
- Commitment to take advocacy actions on behalf of NLC and your City
- Meaningfully contribute to the Committee you are serving on
- Actively advocate on NLC’ s organizational priorities
- Participate in Policy discussions as needed
In order to provide our incoming president with general background information, federal advocacy committee candidates must complete the electronic Candidate Data Form.
For general committee membership: Electronic submission of the Candidate Data Form must be received by the NLC Executive Office no later than Friday, December 1, 2017. Trouble viewing? Access via browser here.